Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Settling In

How can it be that Quinn has only been home for 2 days? It seems like she has lived here forever. She has settled right into our life with the greatest of ease. And most of all, she absolutely loves all 3 of her siblings. She has quickly become quite the little princess around here. Ava (the reigning princess) has not really had any issues sharing that title. She is still having difficulties sharing QUINN, but over all, I am incredibly proud of her. It's not easy giving up the "baby of the family" status.


Now...the dogs are a whole different story. Quinn is not fond of the "doe doe's". She has a fascination with them and will sit close to their kennels. We are really not sure what to do about this, esp. given the fact that we have FOUR dogs. She has learned to say "GO" to them if they get too close.

They all decided to watch one of the dozens of movies that Johnny brought back from China. I thought Quinn might get tired enough for a nap....nope! Too much excitement in the air.

Time for the pool! I want to get Quinn swimming as fast as I can. It's like Ft. Knox around here trying to get outside.

For a little girl that hated her baths a few days ago, she sured loved the pool. We have a huge sun deck for her to walk around. She was very careful about not going past the drop off part of the ledge. I'm glad to see that she has fear around the pool. Austin had NONE, which was terrifying.

She didn't really like me taking her out without a float, so we just floated around the pool.

The bubblers where a huge hit!





So once again, I must say, we are just in awe of this little girl. I can't get over the fact that just a few short weeks ago, she was an orphan. She has definitely brought a lot of sunshine into our lives!

I am taking her to the Texas Children's International Clinic today. From what I have been told, we will spend a lot of time there, combing over Quinn and her China medical file. They will be running lots of tests as well. Her skin really took a beating from the scabies. I'm praying that they can give me something stronger to help the itching and the rash. We are pretty sure that no scabie made it out alive from China. We have a quarantine section in our house right now and several items are "resting" there for a while. I'm interested to see what they say about Quinn's heart as well. I know I will need to take her to a Cardiologist soon.

Okay, little peanut is on the move...we're off to a new day!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you all. What a beautiful family! We've enjoyed sharing the journey you've made to bring this wonderful new family member home. God bless you all for the many years of adventures ahead.

    The Carr Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Quinn!

    We have enjoyed following your journey.

    Elise
    ourlittleleslie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, I cannot believe I ran into you guys today at TCH!!! Its such a small world! Quinn is absolutely precious and she REALLY does look like she has been with you forever!! You guys are too cute for words!!! Cant wait to see you guys again!!! Wish we could have chatted longer!! Hope Quinn's bloodwork went good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh my word! What a dolly! Quinn is just beautiful! Congratulations to the whole family! We are so very happy for you! Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy it is going so well!! She will get used to the dogs. Lizzie was scared of them at first and now she LOVES the dogs! I think she is going to be my dog rescuing partner:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I promise she and the dogs will be BFF's in no time. Hayden screamed bloody murder if she even heard the dogs. Now she rules them with an iron fist, and I not sure she would know what to do without her dogs.
    Sounds like things are going great! ....well except for that poop collecting task:) good luck with that.


    Soon

    ReplyDelete