Most everyone adopting a child from China will make their way over to the White Swan (a hotel known for International Adoption) to have a photo taken on an infamous red couch. It's almost like a right of passage in completing your adoption journey. I had big ideas for this said "red couch" photo, but it's sort of tough to implement them when you are not actually present. Johnny and Kerri agreed that the photo session did not go as they planned. I think the girls were a little less than cooperating at that moment in time.


Look....a BOW! Okay, it only lasted a minute, but it's a start.

Siblings....Cousins.

In the lobby of the White Swan Hotel.


Quinn has become quite the silly girl. She is clearly feeling much more comfortable with the people around her. I hate to think that she may have to start that over a bit when she gets home. Johnny will be arriving on Saturday morning and then leaving out of town on Sunday morning (for 5 days). I am pretty sure this is not going to go over well with Quinn. I guess we will get right into our own bonding! It's been a bit rough for me to think that I missed out on this precious time with her. I'm trying to look at the big picture still, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. Not going to China was NEVER an option for me. And being the planner and organizer that I am, well, I was not prepared for this. My only comfort is that I know these feelings will be a thing of the past very soon.
2 more days...





Woohoo!!!!It is Thursday night there! I bet they are packing up for the trip home!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to do great with Quinn! I bet all of the puppies are going to keep her busy!My money is on Savannah! I think she is going to love that one.(She looks like she is kissing in the photo!)
Nic
Oh! I feel sooooo much for you!!!! And yes, these feelings will be a thing of the past. You are going to have a really tough 5 days when your husband heads out. Just hang in there and don't schedule a lot of extra things that will add to the stress. I'm praying for you. Just hang in there!
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how you must feel Nikki, about it all! I don't know if I could have been so unselfish as to not make them wait on me!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying Quinn will bond with you more quickly than you could ever imagine! Can't wait to see those pics of her with you!
Hugs,
Tammy