Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Quinn is a Texan now!


Sorry for the delay in posting. We had such a crazy, but wonderful, day yesterday! It's actually taken me all day to get this post together. :)

The day started with lots of excitement! Johnny and Quinn missed their connecting flight in San Francisco, so we all had to wait another 6 hours for their arrival. The anticipation nearly killed us all.

When Johnny and Quinn finally arrived, Quinn was NOT very thrilled that I was there to greet them. She would not even let me touch her. I tried to give her a little baby doll, but she threw it on the ground. YIKES! I knew this was going to be hard, but you are never really prepared for the true emotions you might feel. Oh yes, I was sad by the rejection, but I knew it would be temporary. My first impression of meeting Quinn was that she is much smaller than I pictured. A true little peanut! And OH so beautiful!

Our first photo together. I was elated! Quinn...not so much.

I sat next to Quinn for the ride home. About half way home, she started yelling MAMA over and over. And this was no I want Mama cry. This was a MAMA....GET AWAY FROM ME cry. I thought, well, at least she knows who I am. I decided to take her out of that car seat (okay, I know this was not very safe), but desperate times.....you know the rest.


She stiffened her body and screamed loudly. I was just so excited to be holding her, I didn't care one bit. I have to say, I had 2 very challenging babies in the past, so crying just doesn't phase us much around here.

About 5 minutes later, she melted into my body and started to cuddle in. By the time we got home, she was clinging to me. Johnny says, "That's it? That's all the crying you get"? He he.
Yep, that was it. We have been buddies ever since!

When she got home, she took right away to the kids and my mom. She walked around our house in pure amazement. She took every sight in and smiled the entire time.



When she made her way upstairs, she squealed in delight when she saw the playroom.

She loved her Mimi!
Johnny was thrilled to be home at last.
My girls! Ava is in HEAVEN with her new little sister. The "mothering" mode has come out in her. The green eyed monster has also come out several times as well. Ava does not want her brothers playing with Quinn at all. There has been a little drama in the house over this.

These girls did not stop all day long. I put them into bed and about 20 seconds later, they were out.

I have starred at this bed for many months, just waiting for the little princess to claim it. I could not take my eyes off of this precious child. She has just gone through one of the most dramatic changes she will ever experience in her life. She handled it with such grace. We have truly been blessed and I thank God for not relenting in His plans for our family.

We are all so taken with this sweet, little soul!

When she woke up this morning, she was once again, all smiles. I figured that when Johnny left for his business trip (poor thing!), Quinn would fall apart. She was completely fine. She truly seems to not have looked back with her past. I know it's affecting her in ways that we just can't see. I went through her orphanage pictures and she seemed very happy there as well. I think we have ourselves a very happy, go-lucky little thing!

More later...with Johnny out of town, I don't have as much time to blog.

Thank you to everyone who has been following our journey. We love reading your comments and are so appreciative for the wonderful support!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am glad that this part of the journey is over and now onto the next phase.

    Quinn looks like she is such a happy girl....that is half the battle in this transition.

    Oh I have no idea how your husband left on business after that trip home. I have been a flight attendant for 20 years and I have to say our trip home kicked my hiney!!! To leave again and have to work and think....not sure how he was able to rise this morning!!

    It has been awesome following your journey, can't wait to watch Quinn blossom even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! The princess has arrived! Quinn is stunning---fits right in with your beautiful family.

    Congratulations on your newest addition...Enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious!! Glad things went well. Same happened here with Rachel...a little crying then she was wanting me all the time!! It helped that DH went out of town after, she didn't have much choice but to accept me!! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy to get on the blog tonight and see these pictures!!!!! I'm so glad she's home and in your arms...happily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so glad she is home and finally in your arms! She is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Nikki! How wonderful to have sweet Quinn home at last. I think your last sentence of your post is what really got to me. His plans are perfect.

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete