Quinn had quite the full day! We spent about 4 hours at Texas Children's International Adoption Clinic. I requested translator for Quinn, just to make her feel a little more comfortable with what was going on...or that was my theory anyway. Quinn wanted nothing to do with the translator. I felt kinda bad for this very nice lady who was there just for Quinn. She had even brought some yummy treats and Quinn wouldn't even LOOK at her. She hung on to me for dear life!
The appointment went well. Quinn's skin is still pretty rashy and dry from the scabies. The doctor was pretty sure that she did not see any active burrows from the mites. We will treat her now with a steroid cream and vaseline for the extreme dryness. Her heart sounds great, which was a relief to me. I will be taking her in soon for an echo, just to make sure everything was repaired correctly. She is definitely under weight, but we expected them to tell us that. We are putting her on whole milk for now to help her catch up a little bit. They took lots of blood and we'll review those results in another month. Oh and the fun part...they sent me home with NINE poop collecting jars. REALLY? NINE? Who needs NINE jars of poop? I've decided to wait for Johnny to get home so he can participate in the fun. I refuse to be the only poop collector in this house!
It was a pretty long day for this baby girl. She seems so amazed with most everything. I love watching her experience her new life!
Don't you just love those glasses?




What a sweet girl! I'm so glad she's settling in so well. What an answered prayer!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jen
9!?!?! Oh, I'm soooo sorry! We only had 2, and I sooo tried to get out of it! haha! That's got to be one of the worst things!
ReplyDeleteSo thrilled to see her at home with you and your family! What a blessing!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen you look in your rear view mirror are you amazed that you have that precious little girl home and sitting in your car? We added our little girl from China to our family with 3 biological kids almost 7 years ago. I remember catching glimpses of her and just not believing that we had actually done all the paperwork, waited for her, traveled for her, brought her home and there she was! Congratulations to your family.
ReplyDeleteWell, I suppose we'll count ourselves fortunate at 3 collections. Good grief! Glad to hear things are going so well! Thanks for posting the beautiful photos of your family and new addition! So sweet!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! All your children are beautiful. There is always a reason for things being as they are.... Can't wait to see how your daughter adjusts to her new life.
ReplyDeleteLisa