Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Start of a New Day

Quinn slept all the way through the night. Johnny had to finally wake her so he could get the scabies medicine cleaned off. When he went over to the crib, Quinn put her hands out for Johnny to pick her up. He sat her on the bed and offered her several things to eat. In the end, it was cookies, a banana and some water. Hey, whatever works at this point!

He then gave her the Bitty Baby and she was quite fascinated!


As Johnny moved around the room, she followed his every move. She also spends a lot of time looking at the Skype. I'm not sure if she is looking at herself (in the little window) or watching the commotion in my house with kids/dogs.

Then it was time for the bath. I could hear her screaming for "Ayi". I guess she will have to get used to the bath. She used the potty and completely settled back down once the bath was over.


Johnny let her pick out what dress she wanted to wear today. He combed her hair, which she really liked, and got her dressed.

Our pretty little girl is very quiet right now. I'm sure she is just taking it all in and trying to process what is happening. These kids all have their own way of grieving, but it's something they must all do. She has not said anything today and we only have gotten a little, bitty smile. She seems to be completely fine with Johnny carrying her around, so that is a blessing!

As I sat and watched her, she inspected every inch of Bitty Baby. She would hold it up and show me. Ava got her Bitty Baby and showed it to Quinn. That was really cute! I could honestly sit and watch her all day long. Oh this is going to be some LONG days until they come home.

Right now, they are on their way to registration and notarization. She will soon "officially" become our baby girl! I hope to get some better pictures on the blog, but Johnny has his hands full right now. So, Skype pictures are better than none. :) Johnny promises me some good ones tonight!



7 comments:

  1. Nikki - Congrats!!! She is absolutely adorable!! Hope you are feeling better soon too!
    Linda
    BAAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love her!! What a transformation..good job Johnny!

    Aunt Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she's cute! Great to see that everything is going well with John and Quinn. We can't wait to meet her.

    Garm, Helen, Noah, & Joshua :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's adorable!!! What a great daddy. Congratulations to you all.

    The Carr Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quinn is absolutely beautiful!! Such a sweet sweet face~ Congratulations!! I know you can't wait to get your hands on your little girl. My husband will also be traveling solo for our second daughter (years from now ..our LID 7/22/2009!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! It must be so hard: you at home, your husband alone w/ little Quinn. She sounds so sad, but she is grieving, and this is good for her. I pray she grieves quickly and completely and get around soon to being a vibrant part of your family. Can't wait for the first time you get to hold her! I'm sure you're more anxious for that day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, look at that serious look on her beautiful face. She's such a sweetie. I can't imagine what she is thinking about during these last couple days as she takes it all in. So much transition for her. May God's hands be on her precious heart (as they have been all along) as she adjusts.

    ReplyDelete