Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

He Made it! AND Austin's Birthday!

First of all, Happy 9th birthday to Austin! What a delight this sweet child has been in our lives. I'm very glad I get to spend this day celebrating with him. We will have a big party for him when Johnny gets back with Quinn.

Johnny made it safely to Nanchang. His guide helped him get settled into the hotel and he was determined to catch up on his lack of sleep. His sister, Kerri, and her husband, Bart, have already met their little Gianna. I was able to Skype with them a few hours ago and Gianna was doing so well. She is one busy little girl. She had a pile of clothes on the bed and was trying on every single outfit Kerri brought for her. I heard lots of giggles and lots of chatter. We know she has some grieving in her future, but for now, she seemed very content.

As I type this, Quinn is getting ready to leave the only home she has ever known. I have thought about her having to say goodbye to all of her friends/caregivers and it does give me a heavy heart. Her life is getting ready to take a dramatic turn and I pray that she has been prepared for this journey. It's so bitter sweet with these children. You know that the grieving is such a necessary step in adopting an orphan, but it doesn't make it any easier to know it has to happen. It will be so surreal to meet my new daughter via the computer. I know there are plenty of adoptive parents that do things this way...it's just I haven't really had time to wrap my brain around reality! Johnny will meet Quinn on Monday at 6:00 PM. I'm going to be stationed at my computer, ready for that Skype call.

The update on me is that I am really not better yet. I have been pretty miserable all weekend and just so weak from not being able to eat much. I plan on a week full of tests and I'm more determined than ever to get this behind me. I keep saying that whatever this is resembles my 24/7 morning sickness with my kids. I guess Quinn is joining the ranks of mommy being sick before her arrival. I hope one day I can look back on this and laugh....hmmmm, probably not!

Stay tuned...I'll post some pictures of Quinn's Gotcha day soon! Until then, I found this wonderful song/video on someone else's blog. I thought it was soooo meaningful for Quinn as she is on her way to join our family forever!



3 comments:

  1. I am waiting for the news that he has got her!!!!!!!
    Call me!!!!
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you finally have her, what a doll!!! I can't imagine how hard it is watching from afar but she will be in your arms in no time. I will be thinking about Johnny on his adventure, he is a rock star. Happy Birthday to Austin! I know you are happy not to miss his special day.

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, which guide did Johnny get? If it's Jenny, we think she is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete