I received one of the sweetest gifts the other day. One that just stopped me in my tracks and touched my soul. This gift was from a college sorority sister who was very saddened with the news of McKenna's passing. She wrote me the dearest note and said that she really wanted me to have something that would represent McKenna's life. And when I pulled out this bracelet, I could not help but to smile when I saw McKenna's name among my other kids. As we move forward with our journey to welcome Quinn into our lives, we will never forget that there was once a journey that involved another precious soul. And now, these two sweet girls will have this tie...they were part of the same journey. I love this bracelet. I will wear it proudly! Thank you, Ashley. (www.littleluvletters.com)
One of my "must haves" for the trip was a new portrait lens for my camera. I still need to learn more about using a portrait lens, but here are a few photos I snapped the other day. (Jack somehow escaped most of the torture.)
We are gearing up for back to school on Monday and then we are off to China on Wednesday. For the most part, everything is packed and finished. The hardest part of the packing and preparing was finding "good" money to take with us. I just couldn't wrap my head around how much inspecting went into finding the PERFECT money to exchange in China. I have also been sick for about 3 weeks, which is a little stressful, I must say. I think I may be on the mend now, but it's been pretty tough and I was starting to wonder if I would make it next week. Soup and jello....jello and soup. That is my diet. Let's just say I will not be eating anything funky in China!
We are all excited in the Greig household...Quinn, it won't be much longer now!!!




What a beautiful bracelet and can't wait to see it in person when we are in China! :) Sure hope you feel better this weekend and will be ready to travel. We are all packed too and working on last minute details like our big yard that has to be cut and the pool cleaned. :) See you in China... we leave in 3 days.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Sharon
PS... my little one EllaKate is sitting here while I read blogs. She saw yours and I was telling her we will meet you in China. She LOVES dogs and was amazed that you have 4!!!! She thought families could only have 1 dog (like us). :) I showed her your picture and Quinn's pic. So exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Sharon
I love that bracelet! What a special gift!
ReplyDeleteI also love the lens!!! If I do not have my camera soon you are going to have to come over and take pics of the girls for me. I will be the hairstylist for all of the girls and you can be the photographer!
Just a few more days!!!!!
Nic
What an incredibly thoughtful gift, from and equally thoughtful friend. A treasure indeed! I love how it ties your two journey's together in one... the connection touches me to the core.
ReplyDeleteI pray you are feeling better as you prepare for your travels. The exact same thing happened to me just before we traveled to China back in May. My doc had me on a double z-pak just to kick it. I'm not a 'prescriptive medicine' kind of girl, but I was sure glad to have it, as it did the trick and I was well for the most part during our travels. When we returned, our big kids only had 4 days left of school. Your kids are just starting school, and you are off. Can't believe it's already BTS time. I remember being on the 'good money' hunt, too. Our bank did the work for us though, so it all worked out, but just in time. Enjoy your time in China and soak in EVERY precious moment with Quinn in her homeland...it goes fast!
Blessings and hugs,
~Tanya
What a beautiful gift. I can't help but still shed a tear for the angel that will always be a part of your family. Your right, the two girls will forever have an unique bond.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you during this trip. I know you will have mixed emotions at times. Don't be afraid to have fun and just enjoy life. You guys deserve it! I can't wait to see the pictures of your trip. I know you have many people cheering you on!!!
Hi Nikki,
ReplyDeleteFrom one BAAS member to another BAAS member, thanks for visiting our blog. Your trip to Nanchang is in just a couple days! I am very excited for you. Will you be traveling with your other 3 children, too? I wish you safe travels!
Elise
ourlittleleslie.blogspot.com
That bracelet is amazing...so beautiful. What a treasure!
ReplyDeleteKelly
What a wonderful gift!!! Enjoy the trip and drink lots of water on the flight over - you don't want to start dehydrated from the flight like I did the first time I went to China. I hope you wake up feeling awesome tomorrow. God Bless you guys!
ReplyDeleteLouanne
BAAS list
May your travels to sweet Quinn be seamless! Thrilled that this day is finally here for you all.
ReplyDelete~Kelly
also from the BAAS list
I will be following, too, Nikki. Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteLinda G.
BAAS
So you must already be in Hong Kong right now!
ReplyDeleteAnxiously waiting to hear how things go.
~Fellow BAASer (Elise)
ourlittleleslie.blogpot.com
Hi Nikki,
ReplyDeleteI've been catching up on your blog this evening! I was telling Kerri that for some strange reason I thought y'all were leaving yesterday...See what jet lag does to you?? ;-) This bracelet is so amazing and what a very special and thoughtful friend to have sent it to you. It's a true treasure!