Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cautiously Optimistic.

That word...optimism....is creeping back in my vocabulary....very slowly.

My paper work is still lost (aka...NVC version of IN ROUTE). We pretty much know that the old fashion Pony Express from the beginning of our mail system would have gotten our paper work from New Hampshire to MO much faster. I have the sneaking feeling that someone knows the paper work was never sent.

We also found out that the US Embassy in China sent that same paper work back on May 20th. Hmmmm. Apparently, it took a full month to arrive in New Hampshire. They (NVC) make the claim that it didn't arrive until June 18th. That's amazing. It's so weird that the mail is only that slow for them.

Luckily, my very AWESOME and AMAZING rock star USCIS officer took pity on me. She figured out a way around the lost paper work and found that the NVC had an electronic version. We were both amazed that no one bothered to tell us this until a few days ago. So, at this point, our paper work has been recreated and sent back to the NVC WITH a tracking number. The TX Senator's office is asking for the US Embassy to expedite our Article 5, which is the cherry on top of all of this stress. They have been great with offering help and assistance, but it was our little hero officer in the end that saved the day.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm jumping up and down, but only on the inside. We still have a ways to go here, but at least I can breathe again. (and eat and sleep and focus and smile, etc.)

4 comments:

  1. Nikki, it's so wonderful to hear this good news...Mountains are beginning to move and I am just so happy to hear the hopefulness of getting your Article 5 expedited. I am a friend of your sister-in-law, via a precious little girl we both prayed and prayed for. I look forward to following along on your journey!! Blessing, Robin (in Indy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank goodness is all I can say!!!

    Hoping that more good news is to follow. Keep us posted, I have not stopped thinking of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo!!!!!
    You will be on that plane before you know it!YIKES :)!
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that things are finally moving forward. You'll be in China before you know it.
    ~Anne (another BAAS family, waiting for article 5)

    ReplyDelete