Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jumping through hoops

I feel like this adoption process is full of hoops...many, many hoops. It's a very LONG and tedious process to adopt and it requires a lot of jumping through those many, many hoops. When we started on this path, we were ready to face the mounds of paper work and all the challenges that may be thrown our way. I am not one to ever give up and a challenge will spark a fire under me like no other.

However, we were not prepared FOR THIS path. I had no idea how hard OUR journey would be. There have been times when I wanted to get off this ride, but I somehow keep pressing forward. I'm feeling drained...and I'm having a hard time keeping the faith.

Our paper work is MIA. We are being told it was mailed out on one day only to find out that it was not mailed out that day and mailed out another....only to find out that they really don't know. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy to know that your PRICELESS paper work is being so well cared for. (okay, I am feeling a little sarcastic lately). So, I get directed from one person to the next to the next, etc.

And then there is the explaining to EACH and EVERY new person on the phone. "Our first little girl passed away", "yes, she died from a virus", "yes, it was unexpected", etc, etc....it opens the wounds again. Most of the time, the person on the other end of the phone is sympathetic. And the other few times, well, let's just say I can't imagine being that UNfeeling about a little girl losing her life.

At this point, I now have our agency involved, several supervisors at various government offices and have written a long letter explaining our situation to our Senator's office (they have already responded that they are looking into this). All this this because there seems to be no procedure in place and quite frankly, I just don't think anyone has a good answer or solution.

Right now, all I see in front of me is a thousand more hoops to jump through. We are not sure if we will have to completely reapply for our I800 A and start over or if somehow, our paper work can be located so we can move forward.

I feel like I am on horrible ride that has no end in sight.

Limbo.

That's were we are.



9 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, Cathy (waterside estates) here. Just wanted to say that i have you & your family in our prayers..and yes there are alot of hoops to jump, every day there is a new one. But as you already know; there is a reason for everything, and the main goal is your daughter. You will get there! And i pray that your paperwork is found soon...God Bless! And will have you in our thoughts. Cathy (cconde10@comcast.net)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so sorry. I remember feeling like we were jumping through hoops on the USCIS-side of things (not NVC, but close). I guess all you can do is HOPE and PRAY that the people on the other end really and truly understand what this process is like (or at least try to) and treat your paperwork as they would the child waiting on the other side. We can only hope. And keep faith-- it WILL happen.
    Be blessed,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord Jesus I pray that you will reach down and pick up this paper and place it with Your hand where it needs to be. Father that you will make this happen incredibly quickly to the amazement of all in involved. We pray for comfort for this family and for health and happiness of this sweet girl while she waits. Lord you say in Your Word to ask and it will be given to you so Lord, we're asking! In the mighty and most powerful name of Jesus we pray, Amen!! Praying for you guys!! I can only imagine the frustrations! We have had small hiccups in the last couple of weeks as well, though not to this extent, so if anything I can share your frustration with the process! Ugh! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nikki - I just want to encourage you to hang in there. We are on our 3rd adoption and I can say from experience that the Lord WILL work everything out and you will get your daughter. During our last China adoption, our I-800A approval took four months and our LOA took 5 months. The whole process was 18 months. I wanted to SCREAM and it felt like we truly would never get him. I felt like something would fall through and we'd just be done. But it did happen, we got TA, we traveled, he's been home for four BEAUTIFUL months and we are now paperchasing for his little brother in Hubei, China!

    Hang in there - you can do it!! I'll be praying for you, and your daughter will be SO WORTH it in the end.

    Blessings,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki,
    Call your Congressman's office--they will take care of this right away (I would bet within 48 hours)!!!! Promise it will help.

    Meryl Rose, Minnesota
    Heading to China in 2 months for our little #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paperwork will be there Tuesday!!!!! I just know it!!!!!!!!! I am feeling optimistic today and yes I am the same person who could have been called negative nellie yesterday!
    Monday is almost here ...hang on!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your persistence comes as no surprise. I understand your frustration. However, this process will eventually be corrected and you will have the satisfaction of being the catalyst that made it happen. There is a fortunate and very lucky little girl waiting for you in China that we're all anxious to meet. We're with you and love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki,
    You have been through so much and deserve to have things move faster. It's just so frustrating! I am praying for a speedy resolution.

    Hang in there.

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having been thought it 2 times and both had more than one hold up I Feel your Pain!!!! God is in control that I know. But I also know you have to greave what you are loosing, the time you are missing your child. DO NOT feel guilty about wanting and being disappointed in that! One thing that helped me was thinking someone in China need that time to say good. Because someone in China loves your baby! And they are being gifted with a little more time! I wish this stuff did not happen in our journeys but they make it that much more special! Prays for peace for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete