And of course, we are not very happy about it. There was a team of people involved with expediting Quinn's paper work...our agency, the CC@@, my home study agency, our USCIS officer and of course, US. Everyone (listed above) did their part in helping our paper work speed along and everyone (again, listed above) has been INCREDIBLY helpful, compassionate and sensitive to our unique situation. Last week, it all came to a screeching halt when our officer discovered the NVC (not listed above) had not yet returned our original paper work. We submitted our retraction on May 17th, over a month ago, for our original I800A paper work to be returned to the USCIS. Our I800 approval will go no where but the desk it's on right now until that paper work is received.
Phone call after phone call revealed that the NVC did not understand how the process would work with our paper work getting returned to the USCIS. My amazing USCIS officer requested our case to be a high priority with expedited shipping. Neither one of these things happened. As of June 22nd, our EVER IMPORTANT paper work was sent REGULAR mail, no tracking number, back to the USCIS. Now, I hate to be a pessimist; however, we have not exactly had the best luck so far in this process. Given all that has happened, I am just ready for smooth sailing. I'm okay to wait, as long as the process is moving along. So, now we sit.....WAITING and WAITNG.....to hear that our paper work has been received. It's been 10 days since our I800 has sat at a stand still. And I know that 10 days does not seem like a lot of time to the average person, but to a waiting parent, it's an eternity.
So for my therapy, I met up with my 2 girlfriends (both adopting little girls from China next month) and we shopped...
and shopped.....
and shopped. (and it was so much fun...thank you, girls!)
(By the way, I didn't buy all of this in one day)
Right now, I have to find my happy place. I think I've decided it's at the Galleria. :)
So another weekend is coming....and I'm already wishing it away. I know, I know, I shouldn't do that, but I can't reason with the heart strings right now. We cannot rest until our paper work is confirmed safe and sound.
Baby girl, we ALL want you home!!!




hi nikki!
ReplyDeletei just stumbled upon your blog (in a round about way from www.raudenbushfamily.blogspot.com who adopted from the same agency as we are -living hope adoption agency )
and i just wanted to let you know that i am so thankful for families such as yours. you give me hope, that even through so much devistation, the road to your adoption is not over...it gives me hope to keep on keeping on. sometimes i feel such a heavy weight of pain in missing my child...a child i haven't even met yet! it sounds funny to say, but i am so attached to her...i dream daily of the day when i can finally hold her! we are still awaiting our I800 to come back so we can send in our dossier.
well, now i'm really rambling...all i wanted to say was "hi" but i'm especially wordy tonight!
blessings to you and your beautiful family...
and i will pray for your waiting paperwork...for SPEEDY SPEEDY processing!
with love,
angie
Argh! Seriously?!! So happy for you that you have girlfriends for retail therapy and we will join alongside you in praying for that paperwork to be where it needs to be!!
ReplyDeleteAnd we are continuing to shop on line!!!!!!!!Will it ever end!!!!
ReplyDeleteGirls, are so much fun!
Okay, Monday is going to be your day! I just know it. I do not know how but I just have a feeling and I do not get those too often!
Fingers crossed and praying for Monday!
Nic
Man, this girl is going to be super well dressed! :) Sorry things are stalled out a bit. Looking forward to hearing things are moving forward again!
ReplyDeleteKelly
Your daughter is adorable and I know you can't wait to get your hands on her. :-) I replied to your post on RQ. Looking forward to hearing from you. ;-)
ReplyDeleteAaauuugh! Prayers for the speeding-up of this draining process! Prayers for patience and comfort for your family during this stressful time. Your photos and blog are beautiful--in the near future, this waiting and frustration will be just a memory and you will be holding your little princess tight :)
ReplyDelete