We started our Halloween season with complete uncertainty! Quinn could not quite grab the concept of dressing up in costumes and getting candy in return. My first attempt at dressing her in a costume was for a trip to the Houston Zoo for their Halloween festivities. We decided on a little tutu skirt, butterfly t-shirt and butterfly wings. Quinn agreed to wear the butterfly outfit only if she had on a jacket over top and black leggings underneath. She wouldn't even consider one of the dozens of princess dresses we have in the playroom.
Now, don't get me wrong...she sure loves girly things. Babies, make-up, shoes, nail polish, tea parties, purses, etc. Did I say make-up? (if it's quiet in the house, I know she's in my make-up!)
She just could not understand the whole idea of Halloween!
So, off we went to the Zoo where she picked out a little pumpkin and started discovering the wonderful world of trick or treating!!! This girl loves a good lollipop (or two).
Fast forward to Halloween...as Quinn watched Ava getting her hair and make-up done, she quickly decided that wearing that butterfly outfit was well worth it! She gladly put that outfit on this time around if I'd put some make-up on her. She must have looked in the mirror 100 times.
Here is my gang...together in a picture for the first time!
Quinn was right there in the mix of kids. She squealed in delight after every house. When we got home, she was so proud of all of her candy. She would not part with that bag for anything. She walked around showing everyone, like it was the most precious bag of treasures you would ever see.
What a delight it was seeing Quinn enjoy her first Halloween. I think we could say that it was a huge success!




So cute! I love the makeup and wings!
ReplyDeleteHi -
ReplyDeleteHope you don't mind me posting on your blog. I am looking for more information on QiQi, the little boy who was friends with Quinn. I saw your posting on the Advocate site as well as the photos you posted.
Please let me know if you have any more information. I think he may be the one but my husband is concerned about his SN.
Joanie
www.xanga.com/smitheroni
Loved that post! Looks like everyone had a great time!!! The whole candy thing is funny.
ReplyDeleteGlad she had so much fun. She is just precious. Blessings
ReplyDelete