Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Our Texas Bluebonnets!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

A New Chapter Begins


A few weeks ago, one of my friends sent me this book. The book is about a little bird that does not have a mother. He walks around asking several different animals if they would be his mother and each response was something to the fact that the little bird did not look like them. He finally found Mrs. Bear, who took him into her arms and loved him like her own. She didn't care that he looked different than her and he was so happy to have a family.

This book came at exactly the right time for me. After losing our first little girl right before we were to travel to her, I was just unsure if I could go on with our adoption journey. My heart was broken into a million pieces. The book was originally bought for our little McKenna, but my friend wanted me to see the message. There was another little girl out there that needed a mother...a family....a chance at knowing that kind of love. When I finished the book, I remembered exactly why we started on this adoption journey. And I knew our journey was not over....

We would like to introduce our new little girl, Quinn Lian. She just turned 3 years old in April and is from Ganzhou City, Province of Jiangxi, China. Her Chinese name is Jin Lian. We LOVE that Lian means "lotus flower".

The Lotus Flower Symbolic Meaning: The lotus flower starts as a small flower down at the bottom of a pond in the mud and muck. It slowly grows up towards the waters surface, continually moving towards the light. Once it comes to the surface of the water, the lotus flower begins to blossom and turn into a beautiful flower.

For one little orphan whose start to life was so difficult, we can already see that she is blossoming into a beautiful flower. When reading her report written by the orphanage staff, our hearts began to melt! This is one happy little flower! We fell in love with her photos and just knew that this little girl was sent to us from heaven. Quinn's referral has given our entire family a sense of renewed HOPE and FAITH. We are so grateful that McKenna opened up our hearts and eyes to this kind of love. We feel blessed that we are being given the opportunity to be Quinn's family. We can't wait to learn more about her!

We are hoping for a very speedy LOA this time around. We do not think we will have the same sort of "LOA" wait as before; however, given our unique set of circumstances, it's hard to say. We will do all we can to get to Quinn and bring her home as fast as possible. There will be very "uneasy" feelings until we are holding her in our arms....we know we have to contend with those feelings. How could we feel any other way? We want this baby girl home!

Let the new Chapter begin.....

17 comments:

  1. Hi I am a RQ follower and I just wanted to say congratulations!!! She is beautiful!! I also wanted to add that we adopted our daughter last year and she turned 3 the day we left China to come home. It is a wonderful age and she has been a joy to all who know her!! Can't wait to follow your journey.
    Kathie in NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you! So glad you have found one another : ) Our youngest bio daughter is also a Quinn - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Jiangxi beauty. We brought our daughter home almost 3 years ago and she was 15 months old. She is a pure joy and such a blessing to our family. Hope you have speedy travel to bring her home. If you have questions, email me at keason385@gmail.com
    We stayed at the Galactic Hotel in Nanchang and it was amazing. There is a water and light show down the street by the Walmart that is awesome to watch at night time, it goes with music. Sure wish we would have had our video camera with us.
    Good luck and congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki,

    I wish you, your family and smiley Quinn a lifetime of joy and precious times filled with love. I can tell that your already wonderful life is going to be even brighter because of the little ray of sunshine waiting for you in China.

    Every happiness and congratulations!

    Wendy Cater
    Hoping to travel with Nicole (and Debbie too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read your post on the Jiangxi yahoo group and wanted to come over and congratulate you!! Our little one is a spicy Jiangxi girl, too. Can't wait to follow on this journey and wish you speed and health for your little girl the whole way through.
    Be blessed!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So happy for your family renewed sense of hope. We are a BAAS family as well, and are waiting for LOA to bring home Claire in ChengDu. I added myself as a follower!

    www.radicchis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikki,

    I'm am so very happy for you and your family! Quinn is darling! God is good! I'm praying your process is very speedy to bring home your precious daughter. McKenna will always be remembered!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! I think you maybe on to something here!!!!!
    We love you little Ms. Lotus flower ...NOW COME ON LOA!!!!!!!!
    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm another RQ follower and a friend of Nicole's (I'll let her tell you how :). Just wanted to let you know we are so happy for you guys, Quinn is adorable, and I'm praying for a very fast track for you guys in travel. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Congratulations on Quinn! Love the name. We are another BAAS family & followed your blog to McKenna. She will always be remembered.
    Wishing you a speedy travel.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so adorable. And our DD from China loves "A mother for Choco" I am past the point where I cry when I ready it, but I forget until we have a guest over that reads it to her and they start to cry. It's a wonderful picture of adoption.

    I hope your LOA wait is short and pray for your families peace through all of this.
    Louanne
    BAAS family

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck to all of you on your journey to Quinn. She is precious! Xiaoqing is a miracle worker and I hope Quinn is a perfect match for your family.

    Milinda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise the Lord! I am so excited for your family. I know your hearts are incredible torn and still healing. Your new daughter is beautiful and I pray that everything is expedited very quickly so you can be with your daughter very soon. Congratulations!!! ~stacy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh!!!!! So thrilled for you! Quinn is just beautiful!!! That smile, oh my word it lights up more than a room!!!! Praying for you as you wait...
    Shannon
    A Grace and Hope volunteer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praise the Lord! She is gorgeous!! I just stumbled upon your story last night and spent hours in tears for your family and that sweet, sweet girl. Looking forward to following your journey and I count it as an honor to continue to lift up your family in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so happy for your family! May you feel peace and healing in your decision to move forward. Quinn is just georgous and a thumbsucker, nothing is sweeter! What a wonderful way to honor Mckenna...prayers for your family! mdelu from RQ

    ReplyDelete